1) You shall have no other Gods but me.
2) You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
3) You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
4) You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
5) Respect your father and mother.
6) You must not kill.
7) You must not commit adultery.
8) You must not steal.
9)You must not give false evidence against your neighbour.
10) You must not be envious of your neighbour's goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
A couple of years after the Israelites were enslaved Moses was working in the feilds in the outskirts of the town. Suddely a bush lit on fire and Moses heard a loud voice calling to him. He described this as a message to god telling him to lead the Iraelites to freedom.
Althoughall of the newborn babies were killed one did survive. How, you ask? Well ledgen tells that a mournfull women lyed her baby boy in a basket and watched him float away. Later the baby was found by the Pharoh's daughter and named Moses. No one had known it at the time, but Moses would later become a savior, and free the Iaraelites.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
The Israelites were an ancient group of people who lived in a small civilization called Caanan. Although they were a small civilization they had much power. For they, unlike most at the time, believed in one god instead of many. To believe in one god is called monotheism. The uniuq the Israelites desision changed history.